In a previous article, I shared how I replaced the suspension rods on the Fisher and Paykel (Model WL80T65CW1 Product Mkt 93114-B) washing machine, HOW TO FIXING OUT OF BALANCE ERROR ON FISHER AND PAYKEL WASHING MACHINE. In that article, I only talked about changing the suspension rods (dampening rubber bands) because I thought that was the only thing that needed to be replaced. Since then, the washing machine has been working fine until a few weeks ago when I started hearing a louder when the washing machine was in spin mode. I thought I’d check the insides again and noticed that 2 of the suspension traps broke which was definitely causing the noise as most likely the drum was hitting the sides. I decided to purchase a new set and replace all four straps.
Here’s a picture of the old vs a new strap. As you can clearly see, you will notice the old strap stretched and is much longer than the new one.
I replaced the suspension straps with one I found here: https://ebay.us/mthPy8
To replace the suspension just follow these steps:
- Open the lid and you will see these two covers on the bottom corners of the washing machine.
- Use a small screw driver to pry the covers open
- Remove the screw on each side of the washing machine
- Lift up the cover and rest it on the end. I used some tape to make sure it doesn’t fall down
- As you can see from the above photo one side of the suspension strap snapped. Also the top left hand corner broke as well. There was a bit of dust that gathered so the plan was to also give it a good wipe inside and outside.
- Replacing the strap is pretty straightforward. All you need to do is unhook the ends of the straps that connect to the washing machine drum.
- Once the old suspension strap is removed, install the new one by connecting the suspension strap to the plastic rod holder which has the holes for the suspension straps.
- Then connect the ends of the suspension straps to the side of the drum
- This is how it should look like after installing the new suspension strap
- Perform this process to all four suspension straps and give the washing machine a good clean
- Here’s a picture of the new suspension straps and a clean washing machine. You just need to put the lid back now and then put the screw and cover on.
- I also use the Dettol Washing Machine Cleaner 5 in 1 which removed 99.9% of germs and removes bad odours. You can get this from here: BUY HERE
Hope this helps and here’s a video of the process:
If this article helped you in any way and you want to show your appreciation, I am more than happy to receive donations through PayPal. This will help me maintain and improve this website so I can help more people out there. Thank you for your help.
HELP OTHERS AND SHARE THIS ARTICLE
LEAVE A COMMENT
I am an entrepreneur based in Sydney Australia. I was born in Vietnam, grew up in Italy and currently residing in Australia. I started my first business venture Advertise Me from a random idea and have never looked back since. My passion is in the digital space, affiliate marketing, fitness and I launched several digital products. You will find these on the portfolio page.
I’ve decided to change from a Vegetarian to a Vegan diet and started a website called Veggie Meals.
I started this blog so I could leave a digital footprint of my random thoughts, ideas and life in general.
If any of the articles helped you in any way, please donate. Thank you for your help.
Affiliate Compensated: there are some articles with links to products or services that I may receive a commission.