I noticed one of our websites digitalsignageblog.com was not displaying correctly. It appeared as if it was not loading some of the posts and the menu items were all incorrect. I ran a database repair by using the instructions here: WordPress Database Repair
I thought this would have fixed the problem but it didn’t. After some investigation by using PHPMyAdmin and drilling into the database, I noticed the category table had the status IN USE. I tried seeing if there was anything in it up but it came up with an error message saying “unable to open table”. That’s when I used these further instructions How to fix a corrupted table in a MYSQL database to repair the table. It appears the table was corrupted and needed a repair. After following the instructions, everything went back to normal and the website displayed all the posts.
Here’s a video showing how to fix it:
Below is a summary of today’s main activities, tasks and accomplishments:
- Organised a few meetings with clients and with installers
- Fixed up an issue for a client that didn’t want to pay for support
- It was full/new moon and I went to a tranquil location to pay my respects. I found out one of the young kids there has his own YouTube and Instagram account. He was even teaching me how to record video games to upload to YouTube
- Discovered who left the weights – a 70 year old left some weights where we work out and the mystery is now solved
Just did some stretching with the band and 20x pushups. My right wrist was feeling sore, don’t know why.
Nutri Grain Cereal with Soy milk
1x Bowl of Vegetarian Noodles with brocolli, cabbage and soy
1x Bowl of Rice Noodle soup
I also had a wrap as I felt a bit hungry
Be a geek – I just read an article on about Bill Gate’s presentation to a High School audience about the things the students did not and will not learn in school. He came up with 11 points or rules and I’ve summarised them here:
- Life is not fair – get used to it!
- The world won’t care about your self-esteem. The world won’t care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something before you feel good about yourself
- You will not make $60,0000 a year right out of high school. You won’t be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.
- If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss
- Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity.
- If you mess up, it’s not your parents’ fault, so don’t whine about your mistakes, learn from them.
- Before you were born, your parents weren’t as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of you parent’s generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.
- Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS not. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they’ll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn’t bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.
- Life is not divided into semesters. You don’t get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time.
- Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.
- Be nice to nerds. Chances are you’ll end up working for one. <— I LIKE THIS ONE THE BEST
So my thoughts – yes school plays an important role in your education and the path to learning and success. It is the place where you will be challenged and to expand your knowledge. Looking back at my education, I went to a primary school in Italy. I don’t remember much of it and don’t have any school records. When I arrived in Australia my parents accidentally put in a private Catholic school – they enrolled all the kids in the wrong school so we were quite fortunate we ended up in a private school. I have some of my High School reports and I was mostly a straight A student. I was not the smartest in the class but I tried the hardest to compensate for not being “smart”. I saw my parents working hard and they always encouraged to get a good education so you could go to university and end up in a stable job. I did achieve those milestones but I wanted more, and hence the reason why I started my own business and became an Entrepreneur.
If this article helped you in any way and you want to show your appreciation, I am more than happy to receive donations through PayPal. This will help me maintain and improve this website so I can help more people out there. Thank you for your help.
HELP OTHERS AND SHARE THIS ARTICLE
LEAVE A COMMENT
I am an entrepreneur based in Sydney Australia. I was born in Vietnam, grew up in Italy and currently residing in Australia. I started my first business venture Advertise Me from a random idea and have never looked back since. My passion is in the digital space, affiliate marketing, fitness and I launched several digital products. You will find these on the portfolio page.
I’ve decided to change from a Vegetarian to a Vegan diet and started a website called Veggie Meals.
I started this blog so I could leave a digital footprint of my random thoughts, ideas and life in general.
If any of the articles helped you in any way, please donate. Thank you for your help.
Affiliate Compensated: there are some articles with links to products or services that I may receive a commission.